Spotlight on Carla Fadel, Senior Sales Executive, International Sales
Published: March 2021
1. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
‘’Effort never fails.” This was said to me by a friend who has probably seen much more in life than me and I believe it to be very true. When we are working hard, motivating ourselves and learning from our mistakes, we are always winners.
2. What is your favourite meal and where would you most like to eat it?
Salad for dinner on my couch. My daily routine!
3. If you had to delete all but three apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
WhatsApp, Instagram, Google Maps.
4. What does a perfect vacation look like for you?
A perfect vacation for me is a combination of the sun, beach, sporting activities and shopping.
5. What is the biggest work challenge you face right now?
Covid-19 has been a big challenge for the past year. There is still uncertainty with regards to traveling, attending physical events and face to face meetings, but I am positive that things will improve now that we have the vaccines.
6. How do you see the future of events, post pandemic?
Events and exhibitions will return and will continue to be highly important for customers. They will be able to pursue new opportunities at hybrid events where physical and digital come together.
7. What attracted you to work at Reed Exhibitions?
I joined Reed Exhibitions five years ago as a temp. When my contract was over, I was given the opportunity to work as an international sales executive for ‘World Future Energy Summit’, where I learned a great deal about the exhibition industry and b2b events, and met people from many different cultures. I continue to enjoy the multicultural, caring and respectful environment that enables and encourages me to always be motivated, express my thoughts and take a lead on ideas.